This concept is nothing new – I have heard of people making vegan versions from chickpeas so I gave it a go myself, but in typical Meagan fashion I decided I couldn’t be bothered with a recipe. Luckily, it turned out even better than I had hoped! So simple, so quick, took maybe ten minutes to prepare. Keep reading to find out how you could have this sandwich in your hands ten minutes from now. Included below is a video of all of the necessary ingredients laid out – fool proof! .
RECIPE + STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
Chickpea (“tuna”) salad sandwich:
- Canned chickpeas – 1 can
- Celery – 1 stalk
- Mayo (Follow Your Heart Vegan Mayo recommended)
- Green Onion
- Salt and pepper
- Whole grain bread
• Crush 1 can of chickpeas with a fork
• Dice 1 full stalk of celery into small bits
• Use scissors to snip 1 green onion into the mix
• Add approximately 1/3 c vegan mayo (@followyourheart is the greatest in vegan mayo category, I highly highly highly recommend) and 1-2 TBSP mustard, depending on your personal preference
• Add seasoning to taste, a liberal amount of salt n peppa, paprika, just enough turmeric for the vibrant color and earthy taste (maybe 1 tsp)
• Mix it all together and serve on toasted whole grain bread. Delicious!!!!! I can’t wait to be hungry again so I can go back for seconds.
🍎🥜 Additional snack tip – adding hemp seed hearts on top of your peanut butter and apples is a flavorful way to add texture and nutrition (vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, zinc, and more!)